Update: The contest has ended and the winner is Kerry G.! Congratulations and enjoy your visit to Port Discovery!
Port Discovery Children’s Museum is a wonderful place for children to explore and learn through play. With three floors of ever-changing exhibits and programs designed to be fun, educational and interactive, there is plenty to do for children of all ages.
Located in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor at 35 Market Place, Port Discovery ranks among the top children’s museums in the U.S. by Parents Magazine, Forbes and USA Today.
Port Discovery is a non-profit organization with a mission to educate children and inspire life-long curiosity. Part of that mission is to ensure that the Museum is accessible to families through special deals and reduced admission and membership events.
Ways to save in the month of December:
- $2 Family Fun Nights — Admission from 4pm to 8pm is only $2 on select dates. The next date is Friday, December 21, 2018. Regular general admission is $15.95 (children under the age of 2 are free).
- Dollar (or less) Day — Baltimore Downtown Partnership’s Dollar (Or Less) Day is on Sunday, December 9. Explore Port Discovery for just $1 per person during Dollar Day.
- Save 10% off memberships through December 25, 2018 — Family memberships include free unlimited admission, discounts to other Baltimore family attractions, plus other benefits.
- Thrifty Tuesdays & Thursdays — Admission on Tuesdays and Thursdays through December 20, 2018 is $10 per person, which is more than $5 off the general admission. This special rate is good for visits between 1pm and 4:40pm on these days.
- Salute the Troops Program — Through January 1, 2019, all active duty, veterans and retired military receive free admission to Port Discovery Children’s Museum. Guests of service members will receive $2.00 off general admission.
Want to win a 6-pack of tickets for free admission to Port Discovery?
We’ve partnered with Port Discovery for a ticket giveaway!
To enter, just leave a comment to this post (you’ll see a “Leave a Reply” box at the very end of this article where you can comment). You’ll also need to be an email subscriber to Baltimore on the Cheap to win. If you’re not already, you can sign up now.
The winner will be randomly selected and emailed Friday, December 7th. Make sure to check your inbox and spam folder, because you only have 24 hours to respond with your mailing address.
We will share the winner’s first & last name (as shown on their ID) with Port Discovery right away, so the winning tickets can be used over the holidays. The winner will be put on the Will Call list – all you need to do is show ID to claim the tickets upon entry to the Museum. The winner will also be given a contact person to call if they have any questions about their visit.
The winning tickets will be valid through 12/30/18.
Special events happening at Port Discovery during the month of December include:
- Celebrating 20 years of play — Port Discovery celebrates its 20th birthday this December. All month long, visitors can sign a giant birthday card and join in on fun birthday activities, such as painting giant cakes and taking selfies and silly photos in the photobooth. A fun-filled Birthday Extravaganza Weekend is scheduled for Saturday, December 15 & Sunday, December 16. There will also a be special celebration on Saturday, December 29, which is Port Discovery’s official 20th birthday.
- Goodbye & Farewell to Kidworks — Kidworks, a three-story urban treehouse, is one of the original exhibits at Port Discovery. Construction on two new immersive exhibits begins in January, so the entire month of December will be spent saying Goodbye to KidWorks. Children can climb, crawl, jump and slide through the exhibit one last time and tie a ribbon with a favorite memory or message saying goodbye. Monday, January 1, 2019, is the Farewell to Kidworks party, featuring fun celebrations throughout the day. One lucky slider will be the last kid ever to slide down KidWorks. More fun will be had sending the messiest, heaviest, and goofiest objects down the slide.
- Winter Break Fun — Avoid cabin fever and “I’m bored” complaints by heading to Port Discovery to enjoy an indoor (and warm!) winter wonderland filled with festive performances and fun programs for the whole family. The Museum will be open everyday except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. There will be so much to see, do and explore every day, from special science performances from Eric Energy to interactive play workshops, dancing and singing with the Kindersinger, pop-up science and STEM activities, family art projects and more. Check out the Winter Break Schedule.
- Noontime New Year — On Monday, December 31 from 10am to 5pm, there will be a special New Year’s celebration for kids in Baltimore. The Noontime New Year event features a fun-filled day of activities with festive celebrations to ring in 2019 at noon on Monday.
To get a peek at all the great exhibits at Port Discovery, click on this link.