The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is a 135 acre zoo located in Druid Hill Park at One Safari Place, Baltimore, MD 21217. Fun Fact: it is the 3rd oldest zoo in the US! The Maryland Zoo allows close-up views to many animals including African elephants, southern white rhinoceros, lionhead rabbits and many more! Purchasing a Zoo membership supports animals and the Zoo’s efforts to ensure that the opportunity to enjoy wildlife and wild places will be here for future generations.
While The Maryland Zoo offers limitless fun for children and adults of all ages, it can get quite pricey.
Here are some tips and tricks to save some cash on admission:
Get a membership.
Okay, this seems obvious but if you and your little ones are visiting the zoo enough then you might be wasting money paying for one-day tickets each trip!
There are multiple levels to a membership at the zoo, but all of them offer several benefits:
- Free visits for one year after date of purchase
- 25% off all guest passes
- Exclusive early entry for the first Saturday, Sunday and Monday of each month and free train and carousel rides from 9:30am-10:30am on Member Mornings. Click here for 2020 dates.
- Discounts on rides & encounters
- Save up to 50% on admission to more than 15o zoos and aquariums all over the US
- Discounts and seasonal admission savings at local museums
- Save 10% at the Zoo Gift Shop
- Discounts on tickets to popular Zoo events (including Brew at the Zoo, Breakfast with the Animals and OktoBEARfest)
- Up to $100 off the price of birthday parties and summer camp
- Savings at select local restaurants & shops
- Free copies of the Maryland Zoo’s magazine three times a year
Don’t forget to use your military or student ID.
- Seniors receive 10% off any membership (65+)*
- Active-duty military receive 15% off any membership (with valid ID)*
- College students receive 50% off individual or companion memberships (with valid ID)*
Are you convinced yet? Head to the website to see which plan would work best for you.
Adopt an animal.
Adopt an animal of any kind… Could there be a better gift for the kid?! There’s also some serious perks:
- Plush keepsake of the animal you choose
- Two Zoo tickets valid for one year
- Personalized Official Animal Adoption Certificate
- An Animal Fun Fact sheet
- A photograph of your new animal to be framed
This also greatly supports wildlife conservation efforts.
Free Fall Baltimore.
Free Fall Baltimore offers nearly 300 free events in and around Baltimore every October. The Maryland Zoo is a sponsor and there have been deals on tickets (even free tickets) I=in past years. So, if you’re looking to visit the Zoo at this time of year, be sure to give them a look.
If all else fails…
Single-day tickets are able to be used within the year that they were purchased.
- $22 for adults (12-64)
- $18 for children (2-11)
- $19 for seniors (65+)
*Keep in mind, tickets can be used by any individual and do not need to be redeemed by the purchaser. Online tickets can be printed at home or shown on a mobile device at the Zoo’s main gate.