Creative Alliance & The Friends of Patterson Park are holding the first Big Baltimore Kite Fest to usher in spring for 2019. Enjoy a sky filled with with vibrant colors and celebrate the broad spectrum of cultures that make up East Baltimore.
Meet up near the Pagoda to make your own kite, listen to breezy music, participate in the “Will It Fly” competition, and enjoy a day outside in beautiful Patterson Park. Don’t forget your picnic blanket, kite and friends. Food will be available for purchase.
The Pagoda will be open for maximum viewing enjoyment.
If you’d like to keep up with the latest deals, discounts and free events happening around Charm City, be sure to sign up for the Baltimore on the Cheap Newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter
- Kite Flying Demonstrations by Misfit Toys
- Make Your Own Kite
- Story Time with local libraries
- Face painting
- Komite Ayiti
- Centro SOL
Guidelines for the “Will It Fly” Competition:
- It can’t be a traditional kite
- It can’t have a motor or electronics
- It must have a string
- You just need to run/roll/spin and get it into the air for 20 seconds
Win prizes in lots of odd categories.
- Where: Patterson Park — 2601 E Baltimore Street, Baltimore
- When: Saturday, March 30
- Time: 12pm – 4pm
- Cost: Free
For more information, click here.
You may also like:
- 16 Free (or almost free!) Easter Egg Hunts and Rolls around Baltimore – 2019
- 18 free (or cheap) things to do with kids in Baltimore
- 11 Free Attractions in Baltimore
- April is Imagination Celebration month at Enoch Pratt Free Library