In its third year, the popular Rhythms & Reels is a collaborative community program of free movies and concerts.
Whoever said “The best things in life are free,” must have been thinking about the Baltimore City Recreation and Parks department, which provides affordable, year-round leisure and recreational activities for citizens of all ages and abilities. Facilities include 262 parks, 120+ playgrounds, 170 athletic fields, 110 tennis courts, 101 basketball courts, 18 picnic groves, 12 pavilion groves, 3 dog parks, 25+ miles of biking and hiking trails, and 32 historic structures.
During the summer, activities at the parks don’t end when the sun goes down. In 2018, there are 145 family-friendly events on the program in 36 Baltimore locations through October. View and print the entire schedule here.
If you’d like to keep up with the latest deals, discounts and free events happening around Charm City, be sure to sign up for the Baltimore on the Cheap Newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Things to know:
- The schedule is subject to change at any time due to weather cancellations, entertainment changes, etc. Be sure to check Baltimore Recreation & Parks Facebook or Twitter page before heading to the park
- Free popcorn is served at all movie showings, while supplies last
- Tag on social media @recnparks and use #RhythmsandReels
- Picnic baskets and coolers are welcome. No glass bottles or containers are allowed
- Pets are welcome as long as they are leashed
- Remember to silence cell phones during all entertainment
So, grab your blankets, coolers, kids and pets and check the schedule for a film or live performance at a park near you.
Other articles you may like:
- Free Outdoor Movies around Baltimore 2018
- Summer Movie Clubhouse at Cinemark: 10 kids’ films for $5
- Free Brews & Views Summer Concert Series
- 18 Free (or Cheap) Things to Do with Kids in Baltimore
- Free Family Fun Day kicks of for the Summer
- $1 Kid Flicks This Summer at Regal Cinemas