Head over to the Sugar Shack at Oregon Ridge Nature Center on February 16, 17, 23 and 24 to experience the magic behind making maple syrup, hike to the sugar bush to tap a tree for sap, learn how sap is processed with current and antique technology, and taste maple syrup and sugar.
Pure Maple Candy and Syrup will be available for purchase in the Nature Center.
- Where: Oregon Ridge Nature Center — 13555 Beaver Dam Road, Cockeysville, MD 21030
- When: February 16, 17, 23 & 24
- Times: 11am – 4pm (Hikes are on the hour and sugar on the snow demos are at 12:30pm and 3:45pm)
- Cost: Free (no reservations required; please call in advance for groups of 10 or more)
For more information or to make a group reservation, call the Nature Center at 410-887-1815 or email at info@OregonRidgeNatureCenter.org. Be sure to check the facebook page for any weather-related changes.
You may also like:
- 8 things to do with the kids this Winter around Baltimore (that won’t break the bank!)
- Maple Magic Weekends at Irvine Nature Center
- Maple Magic is February 16 & 17
- Regal Cinemas’ 2019 Best Picture Film Festival — 7 films for $35
If you’d like to keep up with the latest deals, discounts and free events happening around Charm City, be sure to sign up for the Baltimore on the Cheap Newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter