- Where: Ladew Topiary Gardens – 3535 Jarrettsville Pike, Monkton, Maryland 21111
- When: February 16 & 17
- Times: 12pm – 1:30pm and 2pm – 3:30pm
- Cost: Free for children 2 and under | $6 for ages 3-12 | $10 for students & seniors (62+) | $12 for adults
About Ladew Topiary Gardens
Named one of the “10 incredible topiary gardens around the world” by Architectural Digest, Ladew Topiary Gardens is a hidden jewel located in northern Baltimore County. A self-taught gardener, Harvey S. Ladew (1887-1976) created 15 thematic “garden rooms” on 22 acres of his 250 acre Maryland property. The result is a living masterpiece not to be missed. In addition to creating the gardens, he also transformed the old white farmhouse into a stately Manor House. Today’s visitors can wander through the gardens, tour the historic Manor House, visit the seasonal Butterfly House, hike along the Nature Walk and enjoy year-round educational programs and seasonal events.
You may also like:
- 18 free (or cheap) things to do with kids in Baltimore
- Patterson Park — Free Fun for Families
- Great Free Attractions in Baltimore
- Free museum admission with Museums on Us
- National Aquarium Half Price Friday Nights
If you’d like to keep up with the latest deals, discounts and free & cheap events happening around Charm City, be sure to sign up for the Baltimore on the Cheap Newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.