It’s the perfect time for back-to-school shopping. Through August 18, enjoy 6 percent savings by shopping tax-free in Maryland retail stores. Not all purchases are eligible, however.
Here’s what you can buy tax-free:
- Clothing and footwear up to $100, per item
- First $40 of a backpack or bookbag
Here’s what’s excluded:
- Sports equipment
- Any special clothing or footwear worn for protective use or not intended for everyday use
See the complete list of taxable and exempt items here.
If you’d like to keep up with the latest deals, discounts and free events happening around Charm City, be sure to sign up for the Baltimore on the Cheap Newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Links to more ways to save money:
- Printable grocery coupons
- Online promotional codes
- Baltimore area yard sales
- Half-price ticket deals
- Free events around Baltimore