If your total household income was under $54,000 in 2017, you may be eligible for free tax preparation. The CASH Campaign of Maryland is providing free tax preparation services for families and individuals who qualify at locations throughout Baltimore and Maryland.
This is an opportunity to save money and get your taxes done for free by IRS-trained and certified volunteers. You may even be eligible to access the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) which could put thousands of dollars in your pocket.
(If you’d like to keep up with the latest deals, discounts and free events happening around Charm City, be sure to sign up for the Baltimore on the Cheap Newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter)
Locations in Baltimore City:
- Central Enoch Pratt Free Library — 400 Cathedral Street
- 1199 SEIU — 611 North Eutaw Street
- CASH Campaign at the Union Baptist Church — 1201 Druid Hill Avenue, Suite A (Corner of Druid Hill Avenue and Dolphin Street)
- Action Center — 606 Cherry Hill Road (Baltimore City Residents Only)
- Northwest Community Action Center — 3939 Reisterstown Road (Baltimore City Residents Only)
- Center for Urban Families — 2201 North Monroe Street
- Habitat for Humanity — 3741 Commerce Drive #311, Halethorpe & 1300 North Fulton Avenue, Baltimore
- Northern Community Action Center — 5225 York Road (Baltimore City Residents Only)
- We Are CASA — 2224 East Fayette Street
- Southeast Community Action Center — 3411 Bank Street
- Humanim, Inc. — 1701 North Gay Street
- Morgan State University, School of Business — 1700 East Cold Spring Lane (Corner of Hillen Road & Argonne Drive)
Locations in Baltimore County:
- Towson University — 8000 York Road, Stephens Hall, 2nd floor, Towson
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) — Apartment Community Center, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Catonsville
Free tax preparation is by appointment only. You can schedule an appointment by calling 410-234-8008 or scheduling online.
You’ll need to bring certain paperwork/documents with you in order to get your taxes done – be sure to check the CASH Campaign website to see the complete list. If you receive a tax refund, you may want to check out the article 10 smart ways to spend your tax refund from Living on the Cheap.
You may also like:
- Regal Cinemas’ Best Picture Film Festival — see all nine films for $35
- 9 hilarious comedy acts (at half-price) you can catch right in Baltimore
- Free museum admission with Museums on Us
- Baltimore area restaurant deals for this week