Every parent knows getting kids to bed is no easy task, so any help in completing the nightly mission is much appreciated.
A recent study showed that 77% of parents are exhausted by the process of getting their kids to climb into bed and off to dreamland. And who better to help than Disney, right?
Through Aug. 31, families and fans can add a little Disney magic (at no cost) into the bedtime routine with the Disney Store’s new Sleep Shop Hotline. The toll-free number, 1-877-7-MICKEY (1-877-764-2539), has five special messages from Mickey Mouse (Press 1), Minnie Mouse (Press 2), Donald Duck (Press 3), Daisy Duck (Press 4) and Goofy (Press 5) to give kids something to look forward to at bedtime.
There is a limit of one message per call. (If you want to hear from a different character, just call back.) And, if you’re calling from a smartphone, standard mobile charges may apply.
In an effort to help improve the bedtime battle, Disney has teamed up with Lauren Olson, a certified pediatric sleep coach, to share her top tips to help parents troubleshoot common sleep challenges, including…
- Early Wake Up – If your child is waking up every morning before 6 a.m., invest in black out shades and a light or clock that illuminates when it’s time to get out of bed in the morning.
- Won’t Go to Sleep – If your child suddenly refuses to fall asleep on their own or is waking up in the middle of the night, consider introducing a “friend” which is only offered at sleepy time. This can be a blanket or favorite stuffed animal.
- Be Consistent – Consistency is key. Decide on a consistent, yet flexible, schedule that works for your life and stick to it as best as possible.
- Scared at Night – If your child tells you they are scared at night, introduce a “nighttime friend” that is only offered at bed time. Encourage your child to hold, squeeze or sing to their friend should they wake worried at night.
And, of course, the Disney Store has a new Sleep Shop with lots really cute pajamas, stuffed animals, blankets and more.
The post Send kids to bed with free message from Mickey Mouse and friends appeared first on Living on the Cheap.
If you’d like to keep up with the latest deals, discounts and free events happening around Charm City, be sure to sign up for the Baltimore on the Cheap Newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Other articles you may like:
- Free Outdoor Movies around Baltimore 2018
- Baltimore splash pads, fountains and pools to cool off for free (or almost free)
- Free Summer Socials at West Shore Park
- 18 Free (or Cheap) Things to do with Kids in Baltimore
- Rhythms & Reels 2018: a full lineup of free movies and concerts
- $1 Kid Flicks This Summer at Regal Cinemas