Port Discovery and Power Plant Live! are bringing family fun events downtown all summer long. The whole family can bounce, stretch, and hula hoop into summer at these fun, interactive Free Family Fun Days. Each month brings a new theme and benefits local children’s charities.
If you can’t make it to the Preakness or the after-party this year, head over to the first Family Fun day on Saturday, May 19. This Preakness-themed day features pony rides, inflatables, face painting, and crafts for the kids to create their own fancy hats and bow-ties.
If you’d like to keep up with the latest deals, discounts and free events happening around Charm City, be sure to sign up for the Baltimore on the Cheap Newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter
Mark your calendar!
Here’s a list of the Family Fun Day dates, the themes, and what children’s charity will benefit:
- Saturday, May 19: “Day At The Races” benefits Believe In Tomorrow Children’s House At Johns Hopkins
- Saturday, June 23: “Luau” benefits Art With A Heart
- Saturday, July 21: “Superhero” benefits Casey Cares
- Sunday, August 19: “Carnival” benefits Civic Works
- Where: Power Plant Live — 34 Market Place, Baltimore
- When: May 19, June 23, July 21 & August 19
- Time: 12pm – 4pm
- Cost: Free general admission (access to all crafts, games, educational activities, yoga) | $5 All-Access wristband (includes pony rides, inflatables and face-painting) | $15 for All-Access wristband and entry to Port Discovery
- Get more details and purchase tickets here
- Tips: Charm City, Leinenkugel’s Beer Garden, and MEX Restaurant will be offering one Free kid’s meal per adult entrée. Parking vouchers are available for Pier V Parking Garage at 711 E Pratt Street.
Other articles you may like:
- St. Elizabeth’s Summer Carnival
- 18 Free (or Cheap) Things to do with kids in Baltimore
- Baltimore splash pads, fountains and pools to cool off for free (or almost free)
- Free outdoor movies around Baltimore 2018
- Easterns Bayside Blues, Beer and Wine Festival
- 11 hilarious comedy acts (at half-price!) you can catch right in Baltimore