Smithsonian magazine’s Museum Day is Saturday, September 22, 2018. This is the 14th year that more than 1,300 museums in all 50 states will offering FREE admission.
The annual event allows museums nationwide to emulate the spirit of the Smithsonian Institution’s Washington, D.C.-based facilities, which offer free admission every day.
This year’s theme is “Women Making History” and is honoring women in society who are trailblazers in the arts, sciences, innovation and culture, and emboldening others to be pioneers as well.
To attend and participate in Museum Day 2018, visit Smithsonian.com/museumday and download a Museum Day ticket beginning on August 15. The ticket provides free general admission on Saturday, September 22, 2018, for two people. Participants may download one ticket per email address.
There are 12 museums in Baltimore participating:
(Those with an asterisk are free everyday)
- Maryland Historical Society – 201 W. Monument Street, Baltimore | Hours 10am – 5pm
- Baltimore Lithuanian Museum* – 851-853 Hollins Street, Baltimore | Hours 10am – 3pm
- Irish Railroad Workers Museum*– 918 Lemmon St, Baltimore | Hours 11am – 4pm
- Phoenix Shot Tower — 801 E. Fayette Street, Baltimore | 11am – 4pm
- B&O Railroad Museum — 901 West Pratt St, Baltimore | 10am – 4pm
- Reginald F. Lewis Museum — 830 East Pratt Street, Baltimore | 10am – 5pm
- Star-Spangled Banner Flag House and Museum — 844 East Pratt Street, Baltimore | 10am – 4pm
- Jewish Museum of Maryland — 15 Lloyd Street, Baltimore |10am – 5pm on Sunday, September 23
- Baltimore Museum of Industry — 1415 Key Highway, Baltimore | 10am – 4pm
- The Baltimore Museum of Art* — 10 Art Museum Drive, Baltimore | 10am – 5pm
- National Electronics Museum — 1745 West Nursery Rd., Linthicum Heights, MD | 10am – 2pm
- The Fire Museum of Maryland — 1301 York Road, Lutherville, MD | 10am – 4pm
A complete list of participating museums, which will be continually updated as more museums sign up, can be found at Smithsonian.com/museumday/search.
If you’d like to keep up with the latest deals, discounts and free & cheap events happening around Charm City, be sure to sign up for the Baltimore on the Cheap Newsletter!
Other articles you may like
- National Aquarium Half Price Friday Nights
- Free Museum Admission with Museums on Us
- 2018 National Parks entrance free-fee dates
- Save on admission to the Baltimore Museum of Industry
- Great Free Attractions in Baltimore
- Visit Edgar Allen Poe’s Final Resting Place in Baltimore