Christmas Village in Baltimore is once again transforming West Shore Park into a traditional indoor and outdoor German Christmas Market. This year, the Village opens early with a preview weekend on Saturday, November 17 and Sunday, November 18, 2018. Christmas Village will then open regular hours for the season starting on Thanksgiving Day through Christmas Eve.
During the preview, visitors are invited to catch a first glimpse at the remodeled event venue featuring not only an indoor area, but also an extended outdoor area with booths along the Inner Harbor promenade and a twenty-one-foot-tall Christmas tree right next to the PANDORA Ice Rink. The Official Tree Lighting Ceremony is set for the first day of the preview, on November 17th.
Christmas Village is located in West Shore Park, between the Maryland Science Center and the Baltimore Visitor Center. Follow the smell of gingerbread and freshly charcoal-grilled brats to the authentic wooden huts and to the grand heated tent which features a full menu of European food, sweets, and drinks. Some specials this year include mouthwatering Raclette Cheese, German Schnitzel, Belgian Fries, Hofbräu Beer, and warm mulled wine. Food and drinks can be enjoyed in one of the enlarged seating areas within the heated tent or the outdoor beer garden – the Alm.
Do some holiday shopping by visiting more than 50 local and international merchants offering high-quality crafted gifts. Famous German vendor Käthe Wohlfahrt will return with thousands of ornaments, pyramids and limited-edition holiday decorations. Other vendors will have something for everyone on Santa’s wish list, including toys, apparel, jewelry, decorations, home decor, artwork and much more.
Special highlights and events:
- New this year: a 65-foot tall ferris wheel. Rides are $5 a person.
- New event layout with vendors and food options inside the heated festival tent and around the majestic outdoor Christmas tree and extending down the Inner Harbor promenade.
- On Sunday, November 18, there will be a special Brunch with Santa and the gingerbread mascot Gingy
- Preview Weekend featuring the lighting of the twenty-one-foot-tall outdoor Christmas Village Tree right next to the PANDORA Ice Rink on Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 5:10pm
- Grand Opening Ceremony featuring the original German Christkind from Nuremberg, Germany on Saturday, November 24, 2018.
- German American Weekend is on December 1 and 2.
- Mascot Weekend, on December 8 and 9, will bring not only Christmas Village’s mascot Gingy the Gingerbread man, but a large variety of other local mascots to the Inner Harbor where they will hold a parade and participate in a dance off.
- December 16 and 17 is First Responder Weekend. Christmas Village will be providing free entry to all active service men and women and their family members.
- Last Minute Shopping Weekend is December 22 and 23. This final weekend of the Christmas Village for 2018 is the last chance for visitors to shop for Christmas presents at one of Christmas Village’s 50+ vendor booths.
- New and upgraded weekday events, such as Hofbräu Beer Tastings on Fridays, Wine Tastings with Boordy Vineyards on Wednesdays, and HoHo Happy Hours featuring open mics every Thursday.
- Santa will be at his outdoor booth for photos on the following dates: November 17, 18, 23, 24, 25, & 30 and December 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, & 14 – 24.
Christmas Village dates:
- Preview Dates: November 17 and 18, 2018
- First Day for Season (Starts Regular Hours): Thanksgiving, November 22, 2018
- Official Opening Event: November 24, 2018
- Last Day: December 24, 2018
- Closed: November 19, 20, 21, 26, 27 and December 3, 4 and 10, 11, 2018
- Sunday through Thursday: 11am – 7pm
- Friday through Saturday: 11am – 8pm
- Thanksgiving Day: 11am – 5pm
- Christmas Eve: 11am to 5pm
Admission to the Christmas Village in Baltimore’s outdoor area is always FREE. Admission for the heated festival tent is free on the preview and the opening weekend. For Baltimore’s Dollar or Less Days, on December 8 and 9, visitors will enjoy $1 admission. For the remaining weekends, admission to the festival tent is five dollars for adults 18 and over, while kids under 18 can enter for free.
All purchased tickets act as a Holiday Season Pass — visitors can return anytime throughout the season without paying admission again.
See the complete listing Christmas Village events and entertainment here.
About Christmas Village:
The Christmas Village in Baltimore is an authentic German Christmas market, located at the Inner Harbor. It has run from Thanksgiving through Christmas Eve every year since 2013. For the first time ever, Christmas Village will also be open for a Preview Weekend (Nov. 17th – Nov. 18th) in 2018. Vendors in unique wooden huts and a huge heated tent offer high-quality local and international gifts and a great variety of European food, sweets and drinks. Furthermore, many festive events and special acts are to be expected every day.
If you’d like to keep up with the latest deals, discounts and free events happening around Charm City, be sure to sign up for the Baltimore on the Cheap Newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter!
You may also be interested in:
- Enjoy a Holiday Bazaar & Tea at The Cloisters
- AVAM’s annual Bazaart holiday market returns
- Free jewelry making workshops
- 18 Free (or Cheap) things to do with the kids in Baltimore
- Baltimore on the Cheap’s Calendar of Events
Baltimore, MD 21201