October may be almost halfway over, but there’s still affordable family Fall and Halloween fun to be had in and around Baltimore. Make sure to check the websites for more details and to call beforehand for any weather-related changes.
Looking for a scary event to celebrate Halloween? Check out this post.
If you’d like to keep up with the latest deals, discounts and free events happening around Charm City, be sure to sign up for the Baltimore on the Cheap Newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter
This event features an urban pumpkin patch, a petting zoo, a hay maze, face painting, pumpkin decorating, pony rides, live music, entertainment by the Uncle Devin Show, food trucks, stilt walkers, and other fall festivities without having to leave the Waterfront. Note: the Festival is free to attend, but kids passes including pumpkin patch and decorating, trackless train rides, and pony rides are an additional fee. You can purchase an all-inclusive pass for $9 ahead of time right here.
- Where: Rash Field, Inner Harbor — 201 Key Highway, Baltimore
- When: Sunday, October 14
- Hours: 10am to 3pm
- Cost: Free to attend the festival
Enjoy games, crafts, a scavenger hunt, live animals, craft vendors, and fun activities for all ages.
- Where: Holt Park — 34 Elmont Avenue, Baltimore
- When: Sunday, October 21
- Hours: 12pm to 4pm
- Cost: Free; some activities may require a fee
Bring your own pumpkin and the pumpkin carving experts from Holt Park supply the music, tools and guidance. All ages welcome. Must pre-register by emailing email@example.com. Include the program name as the subject line, and the names of participants and a contact phone number in the body of the email.
- Where: Holt Park — 34 Elmont Avenue, Baltimore
- Date: Sunday, October 28
- Hours: 2pm to 5pm
- Cost: Free for all ages
Explore the aquatic treasures of the Baltimore Aquarium for FREE.
- Where: National Aquarium — 501 East Pratt Street, Baltimore
- Date: Friday, October 26
- Hours: 5pm – 8pm
- Cost: FREE (Tickets will only be available on-site at the ticket window the evening of the event on a first come, first serve basis)
Tour the museum, make a paper monster and get a spooky face painting.
- Where: American Visionary of Art Museum — 800 Key Highway, Baltimore
- Date: Tuesday, October 30
- Hours: 4pm to 7pm
- Cost: FREE
Free trick-or-treating, costume contests, carnival games, a “not-so-spooky” hay maze, super fun inflatables, free crafts, and fun animal enrichment.
- Where: The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore — One Safari Place, Baltimore
- Dates: October 26-28
- Hours: 10am – 4pm
- Cost: Free with Zoo admission
A Halloween party for kids and families. Put your imagination to work as you dress as your favorite character – and join in fun, interactive and mischievous fun celebrating Frankenstein through science activities that will put a spark in your Halloween fun!
- Where: Port Discovery in Baltimore
- Date: Saturday, October 27
- Hours: 10am to 5pm
- Cost: $15.95 for ages 2 and over
A 6-acre interactive corn maze is just part of the fun. Flashlight Nights are held Friday and Saturday nights.
- Where: Beachmont Christian Ministries — 6433 Mt. Vista Rd., Kingsville, MD
- Dates: Through November 3
- Hours: Wednesday-Friday: 9 am to 3 pm (need advanced reservations); Saturdays 11 am to 10 pm; Flashlight Nights 6pm – 10 pm; October 19 11am – 10pm
- Cost: $11 for ages 3 and over; ages 2 and under are free. Military and senior citizen discounts.
Lots of fun family activities: pony rides, hay rides, mini hay maze, face painting, live bluegrass, petting zoo, fresh apple cider and more!
- Where: Chapel Hills Farm & Nursery — 4356 Chapel Rd., Perry Hall
- Dates: Saturdays and Sundays through the end of October
- Hours: 10 am to 5 pm
- Cost: Free admission
Miles of corn maze trails, hay rides, farm animals, and a hay bale maze and play are for the little ones.
- Where: Rodgers’ Farms — 1818 Greenspring Valley Rd., Stevenson
- Dates: Through November 4
- Hours: Fridays 12pm to 6pm; Saturdays and Sundays 10am – 6pm
- Cost: $10 for ages 13 to adult; $8 for ages 4 to 12; Free for children under 4 (all activities included with admission price). $1 off with valid Military ID.
Celebrate fall with Barnyard Fun: hayrides, straw maze, boo barn, duck races, tire mountain and more.
- Where: Weber’s Cider Mill Farm — 2526 Proctor Lane, Parkville
- Dates: Daily through November 4
- Hours: Monday – Sunday 9:30 to 6:30
- Cost: Fall Weekends, Oct. 8 and and Oct. 19: Children 2 – 17 years: $9 | Adults 18+ years: $7 / Weekdays: Children 2 – 17 years: $7 | Adults 18+: $5
Fun includes farm animals, hayrides, pumpkin patch, pony rides, and the all new Enchanted Express Train.
- Where: Clark’s Elioak Farm — 10500 Clarksville Pike, Ellicott City
- Dates: Daily through November 6
- Hours: Weekends 10am to 5:30pm; Weekdays 10am to 5pm
- Cost: $7.50 per person (free for infants under age 1) on weekends / $6 per person (free for infants under age 1) on weekdays | Note: extra fees for pony ride, cow train ride, and Enchanted Express Train.
Beachmont Christian Ministries
Chapel Hills Farm & Nursery
Weber’s Cider Mill Farm
Cloak’s Elioak Farm